Sunday, April 15, 2012

It's not supposed to be like this...

Good days are ok... they are more frequent and are long... but bad days hit me like knife in my back... i don't see it coming and it hurts each time...


so why is today a hard day?  just because...


because i was thinking about being pregnant... because i am so sad... because my body couldn't hold my babies... because i feel like it's all my fault...because i feel like a failure... because pregnancy is not supposed to end like this... because i know there's nothing i can do to fix it now...


because it's not supposed to be like this... because i'm supposed have 4 daughters here... because i miss my babies... because it's not fair... because i'm mad or sad or whatever this stupid feeling is that makes me cry all the time....


because i wanted to have my babies growing in my tummy... because i want to be preparing for their arrival... because i want to be happy and have so much to look forward too... because i don't want to put all their baby things away... because i refuse to take down their crib... because that little pink room with the recliner and all their baby things has been dark for months...



because i don't want to be sad and have to pray for healing... because although flowers next to their urns are beautiful, i don't want to have to have a memorial for my children... because i rather have my babies here with me instead of in heaven...


because i wanted my babies to know my love... because i want to be able to hold both of my babies in my arms at the same time...because it pains me that i never got to take care of my own babies... because my babies never got to know me... because they never got to feel my warmth... or hear my whispers... because i thought they would survive...


because trying to keep it all together is sometimes too hard... because i don't want to feel uncomfortable around other people... because i don't want people to feel uncomfortable around me...


because i wanted my miracle twins to survive... because although we've been blessed with our babies while they were in my tummy, i want them to still be here... because when i hear a baby cry, i think about my babies...


because it's been 2 months and my heart still hurts.... because i'm a mommy that misses her children... because i think about my babies all day, everyday.... because life is just not the same without my girls.... because even tho i have so many friends and family that i can call, write to, text... i still feel alone...


because it's not supposed to be like this...

1 comment:

  1. Nikki,
    I happened upon your blog while doing a search on koa wood urns. I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful daughters. My husband and I lost our first son at 24 weeks, 2 weeks ago.
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts, feelings and many beautiful words. I share many of the same thoughts, feelings and difficult days, especially the "new normal".
    God bless you and your family.
    Kristen
    Kauai

    ReplyDelete