Wednesday, February 15, 2012

We picked up the girls today...

It's been a peaceful day today... Shane and I got some Jamba Juice then drove to Nuuanu Mortuary to pick up the girls... we had them cremated so that we could bring their ashes home....

We have been so blessed with all the help we've been receiving in handling the girls passing... From Nuuanu Mortuary providing their services for free... to our church assisting us with a small "Celebration of Life" prayer/gathering... and our amazing neighbors... Shane remembered that one of our neighbors just so happens to make Koa Wood boxes as their business... So when Shane saw Gerry (our neighbor) the day after we got home from the hospital and asked him more about their business... Shane explained what had just happened to our family and that we were looking to purchase 2 urns to fit preemie infants... Gerry said he'll see what he has will give Shane a call... 

Within an hour, Gerry called Shane over and Gerry's wife Teri, gifted our family 2 beautiful koa wood urns with a little praying angel lasered on the front...

Shane came home to tell me what they gave us, then showed us these little koa boxes... I felt so blessed and so grateful to have such love and support from a family that barley knows us... someone that we just say "hi" to in passing... but now, they have become like family to us... they have showed us such love and I am forever thankful...

We took the urns to be engraved with the girls names and included part of the scripture from James 1:17... 

As we arrived to Nuuanu Mortuary with our engraved koa urns for Arianna and Brianna, I felt a rush of excitement... I don't know why... maybe because it felt like we were finally bringing the girls home to be with us...

We handed the urns to the funeral director and she took them to have their ashes placed in the urns.   It took maybe 10 or 15 minutes... Once she returned with the urns, I held them in my arms... it still felt so light... I guess I was expecting some weight to be added... but either way, I held them so tightly in my arms... as we walked to the car, I looked at Shane and we smiled... it felt good to have my babies back in my arms again... Shane  even let out a loud "Hi Babes!! Daddy loves you!!" To other people around, it probably looked like he was talking to my boobs... but I know that he felt just as relieved as I did... we can finally bring our babies home...

As soon as we got home, I went up stairs and placed each urn in the crib... the crib that we had already set-up just a week prior to everything happening... The girls were going to sleep in the same crib until they started rolling over (that was the plan)... 

Later, we will move the urns to a place where we can still honor them... We just purchased a display cabinet where we will be placing all of the girls memory items and their urns... but for now, I just like knowing that my babies are here... at home, with their family, sleeping in their crib...


Arianna Kamaluonalani Eiko Tam




Brianna Kameamakamae Teiko Tam

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful urns! Thank u for ur blogs sis! For me, it helps me to better understand what you're going thru. We all miss u and wish we could be there to hold u. To cry with u because we are all grieving Arianna and Brianna's passing. Please know we are all here, waiting to be your friend when you're ready. Love u guys!

    ReplyDelete